*WHAT’S THE ORGANIC AGRICULTURE?
The organic agriculture is defined as an agrarian production system whose aim is to gain maximum nutritional and organoleptic quality foods, through the optimal use of renewable resources and without the use of chemicals or genetically modified organisms that can leave harmful waste for health or environment.
The organic agriculture is a new form to understand the agrarian occupation, which is supported and controlled by all Administrations.
By this, it contemplates the territory as an ecosystem where the farmer try to obtain some lasting yields without depleting the resources that he has.
*HOW KNOW WE ARE CONSUMING AN ORGANIC PRODUCT?
All organic products carry a numbered back label of the Regional Committee which carried out the last operation of control. If it comes from the rest of the EEC (European Economic Community) must bear the stamp of the respective supervisory authority.
The Aragonese Organic Agriculture Committe is a control and certification body, created by Government of Aragón, and which main mission is to apply in the Autonomous Community, the system of control established in the regulation of the EEC 2092/91.
*WHY WE MUST CONSUME ORGANIC PRODUCTS?
– Because they are healthier.
– Because they are the flavour of the authentic thing.
– Because it encourages sustainable rural development.
– Because when we consume organic products we are benefiting our health directly, and indirectly we are contributing to keep the ecological balance and the environment we enjoy today for the future generations.
*BENEFITS OF THE ORGANIC PRODUCT
– They help to soils conservation, affect as less as possible to their components and look for the maintenance of their fertility.
– They conserve the biodiversity.
– They limit the problems of pollution of the waters and the soils caused by the abusive use of fertilizers and pesticides.
– They fix populations in the rural villages.